Bramble Cottage is the right-hand half of a building dating from 1830 which was originally a girls' school. It ceased being a school in the 1950s and has been renovated extensively since then. The narrow lane - for pedestrians only - running past the house is now a part of Church Lane, but was originally called School Lane. The 1946 map shows the school at the bottom left of the former School Lane.
Bramble Cottage: A photo taken in mid-October 2018, from the front garden.